“Folding the Fringes” – TeamHuman conversation with Doug Rushkoff:
Jon Lebkowsky has been managing technology projects and companies for over 25 years. He has been cofounder and CEO of three companies, and has been CEO of Polycot Associates (which was recently transformed into a worker-owned web development cooperative) for ten years, and before that, its precursor Polycot Consulting for six years. He is currently focused on strategic digital consulting and development, as well as business vision and management. He is also known as an activist and writer/blogger focused on the future of the Internet, digital culture, cyber liberties, media, and society.
Other current projects…
- Cofounder, former President, and member of the Board of Directors of EFF-Austin, an organization that’s been supporting digital freedom in Texas since 1990. EFF-Austin was originally founded to become a chapter of the national Electronic Frontier Foundation, but when EFF decided not to have chapters, the already robust local organization continued as an ally of EFF, but with no formal connection.
- the WELL (as community host)
- FringeWare (as CEO and as publisher and sometimes editor of FringeWare Review)
- Whole Earth (as a writer, and as subdomain editor for the Millennium Whole Earth Catalog)
- WorldChanging (as technology manager and blogger)
- Viridian Design Movement (as website manager)
- Mondo 2000 (as a writer)
- Boing Boing (as writer and associate editor)
- Factsheet Five (as book review editor)
- the Austin Chronicle (as writer)
- Society of Participatory Medicine (as cofounder and former board member)
- Extreme Democracy (as co-editor)
- Wireless Future (as project manager)
- Digital Convergence Initiative (as former board member)
- Plutopia Productions (as cofounder and Chief Digital Officer)
- Polycot Consulting (as cofounder and CEO)
- Social Web Strategies (as cofounder and social media consultant)
There’s more information at Wikipedia.